Thursday, July 26, 2007

Sanford Recap and Random Saratoga Notes

I'll admit it...Saratoga has me thoroughly confounded. On the heels of some of the best months of my gambling life Saratoga has blindsided me with a flurry of tough beats. I take comfort in knowing I'm not alone...a mere TWO sub ten dollar winners on the day, compared to three $30+ winners.

Thankfully I was a little closer on my stakes analysis today. Tale of Ekati ran a good race to run second, and The Roundhouse (who was an incredibly generous 12-1) ran a HUGE race to get up for third with a sweeping wide move. He has a lot of upside as the distances get longer. The problem was that they ran into Ready's Image, who came up with his second straight big effort...and in doing so gave Todd Pletcher his FIRST win on the meet. This seems like a pretty strong field, and, thus far at least, the 2YO crop of colts is looking fairly promising.

Tomorrow's Saratoga feature is the Lake George, thoughts on that and some other races should be up late tonight. I also plan on putting a little less emphasis on Saratoga, especially in light of Steven Crist's extremely entertaining Saratoga blog. Also coming up in the next few weeks will be a look at some Freshman stallions and my thoughts on what stallions will end up being stars from this stallion crop. If there is anything else in particular ya wanna see just let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey nice blog you have going I will definately be a regular visitor found out about you on the GR SIMSTERS site.

I also started work on a horse racing type stuff but haven't put enough work into it so it has stagnated. I was trying to go with a forum concept for collaboration purposes.